In desperate need of inspiration? Here are five unconventional thinkers and doers that will fuel your (B2B) marketing strategy and projects for sure.
1. Doug Kessler, executive creative director at Velocity Partners, probably the best B2B content marketing agency we know because of their unique brand voice and impressive client base including giants like Slack and Salesforce. If you dare to choose, you will be chosen! We invited Doug a few years ago to speak at a B2B marketing edition of Digital Wednesday in Eindhoven (NL). Good memories!
2. Ryan Paul Gibson, an ‘up and coming’ man to watch if you want to know ‘how to run customer interviews that don’t suck’, as he calls it. Being buyer persona and buyer journey specialists ourselves, we recently contacted Ryan and found out we have pretty similar processes and views on this topic. Because we truly believe in outsourcing this kind of research to experienced and unbiased specialists, we have asked Ryan to ‘run customer interviews that don’t suck’ for Tech to Market as we are always in need of new insights.
3. Tom Goodwin, presenter, author, public speaker and whatnot is your go-to- resource when you’re looking for more critical thinkers in your feed. He covers the full spectrum of ‘digital’ with his sharp observations and not so frequently asked questions. Often leaves us wondering ‘what the hell we are doing’ and – luckily – all the way back to fresh ideas on how to change views, gears or both. Recently, he released a new version of his book Digital Darwinism which we highly recommend.
4. Chris Walker, CEO at Refine Labs and the uncrowned king of ‘Demand Generation’ in B2B. Talks about ‘dark social’, broken marketing attribution models and MQL hamster wheels and how to improve B2B SaaS marketing. Subscribe to his podcast to learn more.
5. Rob Mayhew, arguably the world’s most well-known marketing agency employee through his funny and oh so recognizable agency sketches that he shares on Linkedin and TikTok. For all of you who work or have ever worked for a marketing agency this man will make you laugh, for sure. Your daily doses of self-reflection right in your timeline.